On December 18, 1911 at the home of Mr. William East, 20 young men decided to create the Eagle Hose Company No. 2. According to historical data concerning the organization, there was only one other Company in the Borough of West Berwick at the time. The young men saw the need for a second Company and accordingly were organized. At the first meeting the receipts were less than one dollar, but this did not daunt the ambitious young men. Mr. East and several other citizens set out on what proved to be a greater task than what they had anticipated, but they were equal to the task. The charter was obtained for the Company by Alex C. Jackson on May 29, 1912. At this time there were forty charter members. All the members had visions of a nice fire hall and equipment. The manner in which this was accomplished is an interesting part of the history of the Berwick Fire Department.
In 1916 the Borough of West Berwick merged with the neighboring Borough of Berwick. Both the West Berwick Hose Co. No. 1 and Eagle Hose Co. No. 2 joined the ranks of the Berwick Fire Department which consisted of the Reliance Fire Co. No. 1, Ranger Hose Co. No. 2, and Defender Fire Co. No. 3. When West Berwick was merged into the Borough of Berwick, all municipal business was moved into the Berwick City Hall. The former West Berwick Borough Hall was left to the Borough of Berwick and was utilized as the Eagle Hose Company's hall until 1995. In 1995 the Company acquired property on 325 South Mercer St. A new hall was erected on the site and is the current base of operations for the Eagle Hose Company.