Police Officer Recruitment
Thank you for your interest in employment with Borough of Berwick Police Department. This web page is intended to provide interested persons with information concerning employment with the Borough of Berwick Police Department and is subject to change as needed.
- The Borough of Berwick Police Department is not currently hiring at this time.
The Borough of Berwick Police Department’s recruitment and selection procedures are designed for finding and appointing the highest quality individuals to serve the department while adhering to the guidelines of applicable law; like, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Title VII - Civil Rights Act of 1964, Age Discrimination Act of 1967, Pennsylvania Human Relations Act, as amended, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the MPOETC Guide to the Hiring of Police Officers.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States of America.
- Applicants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age on the closing date for applications and be Act 120 certified by the date of hire.
- Possession of a high school diploma or graduate equivalency diploma.
- Possession of a valid Pennsylvania driver's license or a current valid driver's license from another state or the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Be free from convictions of disqualifying criminal offenses and be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a police officer.
- Within six months of completion of the probationary period, all police officers must reside within a fifteen (15) air mile radius of the Borough of Berwick.
Recruits must submit an application, successfully pass a written civil service examination, pass a physical fitness assessment examination, pass a psychological evaluation, pass a medical evaluation, pass a drug and alcohol screening, undergo a polygraph examination, undergo a thorough background investigation, successfully complete a ninety (90) day field training officer program, and successfully complete an eighteen (18) month “on-the-job” probationary period before becoming a permanent full time police officer with the Borough of Berwick Police Department.