The Borough of Berwick is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Clerk.
This position will be a full time position within the Borough of Berwick Police Department. The hours will be from 8:00am until 4pm Monday through Friday.
The essential duties of a police clerk are:
Update arrest records, incident reports, accident reports, business lists, traffic tickets, parking tickets, abandoned vehicles, prepares monthly statistics, assists the public by searching files, reports and other records, providing information in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, responsible for office supply requisition orders and mail distribution.
The knowledge, skills and abilities needed for the position of Police clerk are:
- Knowledge of grammar, structure and punctuation.
- Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment and clerical techniques.
- Ability to file numerically, alphabetically and chronologically.
- Ability to research files and logically organize information.
- Ability to distinguish confidential material and apply departmental standards for security and privacy.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Manage and provide information to the public and to city staff that requires the use of judgment and the application of policies, rules or procedures.
- Copy, sort, file, retrieve and distribute a variety of documents and police reports, citations, warrants and other materials to appropriate personnel and to appropriate agencies.
- Type, word process, record and file a variety of police records, reports and materials including memos, letters, reports, complaints, declarations, booking information, warrants, citations, and crime and traffic reports from hard copy or dictation.
- Type or word process complex and sensitive correspondence, reports, forms and specialized documents from drafts, notes, dictated tapes or brief instructions; may compose routine correspondence and brief reports.
- Handle basic financial transactions, which may include billing, invoicing, ordering of supplies and receiving monies.
- May prepare, update, and maintain a variety of calendars, schedules and appointments.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- All applications must be submitted to Berwick City Hall c/o Borough Manager Debra Force no later than 4:30pm on Friday, March 3, 2017.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION